Sunday, November 22, 2015

"Not Just": A poem to burned out nurses

Not Just

I am not just your patient
I am a person too
Fake nods of your head
Makes me feel unworthy of you

Sometimes your tone says that
My thoughts are mostly meaningless
Then I ponder why I share
As they are regarded as pointless

As a patient I often feel helpless
Your snarky remarks indicate I am inadequate when what I really require
Is an authentic advocate

Your "yes, honey"s as you walk away
Along with the exasperation in your voice
Show me my words are a nuisance
And my verbal expressions are just noise

Dependence on someone else for healthcare
Is often difficult for me
Consequently being labeled as uncooperative  and non-compliant
So without any predilection,  thats who you will always see

I am not just a patient
I am a person too
I am not who you think i am
If you only knew

No comments: