Friday, July 17, 2009

Aloneness

I am so exhausted i can not sleep

too many heartaches I've had to keep

In my restless dreams i am alone

my past has made my heart of stone

my cries are silent but my own

turned into screams as they have grown

i am a firefly with no light

staggering and fighting the dark night

Surrounded by strangers, i thought were friends

my independence seems to vanish in the end

This sadness just won't leave me alone

I wish i could go back home

But things just can not remain the same

I have not played life, its game

The world outside is enormously tall

I hide behind a rainbow's wall

I will bear the unsparing pain

As i run against the cold, hard rain

I am so weary i can not sleep

But I promised myself i would not weep!



Michelle Dubois


July 17, 2009

No comments: